Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Japan Day 1

Just got to Japan after a long flight. I will be spending a little over a week at the Ajinomoto National Training Center with the National Team preparing for the 2011 World Championships and University Wrestlers preparing for Japan University Nationals. As for myself, I will be entering a No-Gi Grappling Tournament on Sunday August, 21 in Japan.

I didn't land in Narita until about 4pm so, after arriving to the NTC we got some food, and headed to the community bath. The community bath is an interesting experience, and I want to say it is something unique to Japan. It's like going to a heated indoor pool with everyone completely naked. Obviously the baths are split by gender, but you can't help but feel a little out of your element being naked in front of people you never met.


1 comment:

  1. El, hope all is going well in Japan! Loved reading about how no matter what condition you're in, you're still out there doing what you can. I think this is very important, as life situations occur, you KEEP ON TRYING AND LEARNING NEW THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF.
    Lots of love and support, Your family

    ReplyDelete