Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Late Night JiuJitsu

     What do you consider late night training?? When I first started learning Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu the only classes within reasonable distance started at 9:30pm and ended at 11:00. Many of the students, instructors included, worked overtime and there was no earlier times available. However, about 6 months after I started training the U.S. economy tanked and people started getting laid off left and right. Unfortunately, there were a few students who were out of work and had to go back to Brazil... But, class start time shifted forward to 8:30 and made for a much earlier night. Here is an online graciemag article about late night training: Click Link. I remember going to another gym for a late night session that started at 1:00am and went for about an hour. I was ruined the next day, but really had a great time going along for the ride. It's definitely something I can say I'm glad I was there to do!
     Anyway, those late night sessions were all that I had. I had no choice but to accept the time and go train. It made for a late night, but I sometimes think back to the good ole days and remember how "hardcore" I was for wanting to learn Brazilian Jiujitsu at such a late hour. The Good Ole Days! At the moment, our classes at El Dorado Hills Brazilian Jiu Jitsu end at 9:00 pm, but our goal is to have classes 24 hours a day!

Eliot Kelly
EDH Brazilian Jiujitsu
916-595-4064

No comments:

Post a Comment