Friday, June 17, 2011

Rickson Gracie Article Translated: Part 4-A

ARTICLE TRANSLATION:
400 Undefeated Fights! Special Interview(Part 4) with Legendary Martial Artist Rickson Gracie
"Become a 'Modern Samurai' that Fights for your own Joy"




Q: Are you ever going to step in the ring again?

Rickson Gracie (Pronounced Hick-son)
 Born: November, 21 1959.
Nationality: Brazil. Jiu-Jitsu Practitioner.
Known as Prodigal master of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu
after leaving a mark in history though MMA.
Established the JJFJ (Jiu-Jitsu Federation of Japan)
 and serves as the President.
Photo by Takahiro Kohara
I don't have any intentions of being in any more professional fights.

My life as a Combat Martial Artist has come to an end, but my days are much more exciting then they have ever been. I also have plenty of goals and objectives in mind.

I plan on living another 50 years or so (laughs). So, I hope to be noticed from here on out as well.

Q: What do you mean by "days that are much more exciting?"

Let's just say that I live a life prioritizing what I love most.

First of all, that means seeing if there is something I can do to help others. Striving to be involved in an activity where I can be a good example to countless number of people.

It also means living my own lifestyle. I feel that it's important to create my own lifestyle to do good work and be a positive influence towards other people.

The focal point of that activity is "Jiu-Jitsu."

From now on, I also want to expand aspects of Jiu-Jitsu as a self-defence in addition to competition and sport Jiu-Jitsu.  I feel as though I am getting just as much joy and maybe even more from Jiu-Jitsu as I did when I was a competitor.

Article Source:
http://diamond.jp/articles/-/9711

Translation by:
Eliot Kelly

Eliot Kelly
"Learn, Share, Train, Adapt"

No comments:

Post a Comment