Friday, April 13, 2012

Abu Dhabi Pro Trials 2012

March 10/11, 2012 

     Eliot takes Bronze at the 2012 Abu Dhabi Pro Trials in San Diego, CA. Competing amongst black belts in the 202lbs weight division, Eliot managed to make his way to the podium. Some of the top named competitors in his division were Xande Ribeiro and Romulo Barral. "I had a great time being matched up with the best in the world. Each match was an opportunity to see what really works, and what needs to be improved. I'm glad I made the trip." Eliot did not win the CASH prize and all expense paid trip to Abu Dhabi, but seemed very enthusiastic about the competition. "In the past I've come back from tournaments feeling out-of-touch with the higher level guys, but I don't feel that way any more. I know that's a result of the Black belts I have been training with. Marcos, Gordon, B, Steve, have all forced me to elevate my game." In the absolute open division, Eliot got to go up against the most recent ADCC Champion, Andre Galvao. "You give an inch and these guys take a mile...." Although Eliot didn't get to the top of the podium, he is very excited about the competition year, and can't wait for the next tournament! 
The event was hosted at Point Loma High School in San Diego, CA. 

No comments:

Post a Comment