Friday, April 13, 2012

IBJJF World Jiu-Jitsu Championships


2011 IBJJF World Championships

June 2,3,4,5
Frank and Eliot from EDHBJJ stepped on the mat in Long Beach, CA this weekend at the IBJJF World Championships. This was the premiere Jiu-Jitsu tournament of the year with the best competitors from all around the world coming to compete for the World Title. Frank had a great match in the first round of the blue belt division, beating the Brazilian National's Champion with a Kimura lock. He was taken by surprise in the second round when he went up against the European Natl. Champion. Frank was noted saying, "That guy had a great guard game. It's something I wasn't used to seeing in the practice room. I can't wait to get back, develop my game, and compete again soon!"  Eliot, still battling an injury he suffered in February, lost his first round match to the eventual champion of the tournament. "I felt a little timid with my injury and felt as though I was holding back. Aside from that my strength and conditioning were the best they've ever been. I can't wait to see where I am when I rehab back from this injury." Both competitors did an excellent job. Congratulations to both of them! 
(Right Picture: Eliot getting a beach workout in the day before competition) (Left  Picture: Sean, Garrett, Eliot, KC, Frank, Omar) 

No comments:

Post a Comment