Thursday, August 16, 2012

Seeking Sponsors for Jiu Jitsu Competitons

     It's getting harder and harder to get to Jiu-Jitsu competitions these days. Not because I don't want to get out there and compete, but more because it costs an arm and a leg to get to the competitions. Fortunately, I'm blessed with a strong support system at home, a team of jiu-jitsu students and I live in a state where Gi Pan Ams, Gi Worlds, and NoGi Worlds take place. However, I've found that in order to be consistently at the top of the podium, I need to get as much competition with as many different competitors as possible. 

     My newly set short term goal for the year is to crack the top 3 rankings based on IBJJF (International Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Federation) competitions. Right now I'm tied at 10th in the world among all brown belt competitors. Check out the site here. To help prepare myself for my ultimate goal in jiu-jitsu, to win the World Championships as a Black Belt, I've found that I can't do it alone. I need additional support. 

     If any of you have an idea on how I should go about securing sponsorships on travel, room & board, entry fee, etc, or an  ROI (Return on Investment) approach to help supporters see how their investment in my tournament experiences will bring a return to them, I'm listening. I appreciate all the support I have encountered and receive thus far, and am looking forward to taking my potential on and off the mat to it's highest limit! 

Eliot Kelly
916 595 4064

No comments:

Post a Comment